Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) cauliflower, washed, cored, and in florets
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Optional: garlic, cayenne pepper, or other herbs/spices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or any temperature between 300 – 500; but roasting time will vary; see Notes).
- Wash cauliflower, remove any leaves, and cut in half through the axis (or poles). Remove the woody core. Cut into florets.
- Put cauliflower florets into a large bowl. Add olive oil (enough to lightly coat the pieces), salt, and pepper. Toss until the florets are coated. (If you’re using optional garlic or herb or spice, you’d add it at this step; see Notes.)
- Spread pieces on large rimmed baking sheet or in a casserole baking dish. You want the florets to be in one layer, and not touching (to promote even cooking).
- Roast the cauliflower until the florets are tender throughout, but not mushy. At 400 degrees, this usually takes about 40 – 45 minutes, but I start checking at 30 minutes. Stir pieces once or twice during roasting to promote even cooking.
- If you want a bit more char on your cauliflower (at this temperature you won’t get much), run the baking pan under the broiler for a few minutes until you achieve the result you desire.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and serve!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables