Roasted Carrots and Snap Peas
This is another example of how roasting the simplest veggies makes them taste amazing. My friends at my favorite restaurant, A16, came up with this wonderful springtime combination, but carrots with cauliflower is a great option, too. Tossing in the mint at the end turns this recipe from simple kid food into sophisticated family food—and basil works just as well.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 27 Minutes
- Calories: 106
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 13.4g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 219mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 4 cups (1/4-inch) diagonally sliced carrot (6 large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place carrot in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
- 3. While carrot cooks, place peas in bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well. Stir pea mixture into carrot. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large serving bowl; sprinkle with mint, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Kids Can Help: Let your little ones add the oil, salt, and pepper to the carrots, and stir. Then let them help spread them out evenly on the baking sheet. They can also string the peas.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This