While it was a little difficult to find the carrots, the flavor was worth it. This make a lot so you may want to half the recipe if you are serving it as a side dish. We made it along side the Beef Short Ribs (southern living Jan 2012) and it was a nice compliment
Roasted Carrots with Avocado and Feta Vinaigrette
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
- 2 pounds small carrots in assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon sorghum syrup or honey
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces feta, blue, or goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium-size ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon roasted, salted, and shelled pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1. Preheat oven to 500°. Toss carrots with sorghum and 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and next 3 ingredients; toss to coat. Place carrots in a lightly greased jelly-roll pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Stir together shallot and vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil; stir in feta.
- 3. Arrange carrots and avocado on a serving platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cilantro and pepitas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads