Roasted Cabbage Wedge Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 head(s) Savoy cabbage
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- Kosher salt
- black pepper fresh ground
- Pecorino romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel away outer leaves of the cabbage that are not good and quarter it. If the head is so large that the quarter seems too large for one person, cut each quarter in half, lengthwise, leaving the core intact. Trim away any excess core at the bottom.
- Arrange the cabbage wedges on a baking sheet. Drizzle the cabbages with 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle liberally with Kosher salt.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven. Roast the cabbage for 30 minutes, flipping the wedges at 15 minutes so they brown evenly. When roasted, the cabbages may have some blackened, crispy outer leaves. If you do not want this, feel free to take them out a few minutes earlier, but note that the inside of the cabbage may be less tender than if you had left it in longer.
- While the cabbage is roasting, make the vinaigrette: whisk together 5 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the cabbage is finished roasting, work quickly. Plate the cabbage wedges, drizzle with vinaigrette, and grate pecorino romano over the top. Serve immediately, while the cabbage is still hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DellAnn and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note