Roasted Cabbage and Apples with Italian Sausage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 head(s) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) fresh spicy turkey sausage
- Crusty bread (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cabbage, onion, apple, thyme sprigs, vinegar, 1 Tbsp. oil, and 1/4 cup water in a 13x9" baking dish; season with salt and pepper and roast, covered, until cabbage is wilted and softened, 35–45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages until browned and cooked through, 10–12 minutes. Add to cabbage during last 10 minutes of cooking, tossing to coat. Serve with bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note