This recipe was great!!!!! I added some toasted almond slices I had on hand too to the pine nut mixture and it was great!
Roasted Butternut Squash with pine nuts
- 3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeds scooped out & cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Read more: http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/11/01/roasted-butternut-squash-with-sage/#ixzz0hoUgJ3Tc
- 1. Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, toss butternut squash cubes with 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, until squash is as tender as desired.
- 3. While squash is roasting, heat 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet. Add garlic, sage and pine nuts, and saut until pine nuts are lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- 4. Scoop butternut squash into a large bowl. Scrape contents from the skillet onto the butternut squash and gently toss. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jfreuden and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Butternut Squash with pine nuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables