I agree with most reviewers that this is very good, but it turned out very soupy for us. I followed the recipe exactly and let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting it, but the sauce was so runny that it was difficult to serve and it made a mess on my plate. Next time I may use less milk or let it sit for longer - or even overnight - before heating individual servings.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Rosemary, and Garlic Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 12.2g
- Carbohydrate: 54.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 712mg
- Calcium: 430mg
- 8 1/4 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Arrange butternut squash in a single layer in a large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Coat squash with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 25 minutes or until squash is just tender, stirring once. Set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups milk and rosemary in a 1-quart glass measuring cup, and microwave at high 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil. Let stand 10 minutes. Strain milk through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard rosemary.
- Lightly spoon all-purpose flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining 1/2 cup milk, stirring flour mixture with a whisk until well blended to form a slurry.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring constantly. Stir in steeped milk, and increase heat to medium-high. Gradually add slurry to pan, stirring constantly with a whisk. Cook 15 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Combine milk mixture and squash, tossing gently.
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups squash mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over squash mixture; top with 2 cups squash mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers once with 3 noodles, 2 cups of squash, and 1/4 cup of cheese. Top with 3 noodles.
- Beat whipping cream and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt with mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Spread the whipping cream mixture over noodles; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note