I really liked this. The texture was thick and creamy with a surprise mixture of spice and sweetness. My guests really enjoyed it as well. I served with baguette slices.
Roasted Butternut Squash Dip
Terrific with toasted baguette slices or pita chips, this creamy, sweet-savory roasted butternut squash dip can be prepared up to three days in advance.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 35
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 113mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 (2-pound) butternut squash
- 1 small Walla Walla or other sweet onion, trimmed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or whole sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membrane. Brush cut sides of squash halves, cut sides of onion quarters, and garlic cloves with oil. Arrange squash halves, cut sides down, on a jelly-roll pan; arrange onion quarters and garlic cloves on pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Peel squash. Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp.
- Place squash, onion, and garlic pulp in a food processor; process until smooth. Add crème fraîche and remaining ingredients; process to combine. Serve warm.
Refrigerate in a microwave-safe container, then reheat in a microwave on HIGH for one to two minutes or just until warmed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Butternut Squash Dip Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Food Processor, Roast
- OCCASION: Autumn
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes Like This