Roasted Butternut Squash Bisque
- 1 large butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 to 2 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- Marmalade Cream
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds. Place squash halves, apple wedges, and onions on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet, cut sides down.
- Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from oven; cool. Scoop out squash pulp, discarding shells.
- Combine pulp, roasted apples and onions, broth, and next 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring often, 5 minutes. Remove mixture from heat; cool.
- Process squash mixture, 1 cup at a time, in a food processor until smooth. Return purée to Dutch oven, and chill 8 hours, if desired.
- Heat soup in Dutch oven over low heat. Slowly add whipping cream and milk, stirring constantly until thoroughly heated and smooth. Remove from heat, and top with Marmalade Cream. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews