Roasted Butternut Squash
From Barefoot Contessa (recipe halved)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 whole(s) small butternut squash (or one large)
- 3 tablespoon(s) melted butter
- 1/8 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400.
- 2. Trim the ends off the butternut squash. Peel the squash until its bright-orange flesh shows (all green veins should be peeled off). Cut it in half horizontally. Then cut each half vertically. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Cut the squash into 3/4" cubes.
- 3. Toss the squash on a baking sheet with the melted butter, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 4. Roast in the oven for at least one hour, flipping the squash at the 30 minute mark and then again every 15-20 minutes. When the squash is done, it will be getting brown and caramelized at the edges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKSchirmeier and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables