- 1 (3 1/2-lb.) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Toss together first 5 ingredients. Place mixture in a single layer in a lightly greased roasting pan. Bake 30 minutes or just until caramelized and fork-tender (al dente), stirring every 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together sorghum, apple cider, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Stir in cold butter until melted.
Toss together squash mixture, sorghum mixture, and 1 Tbsp. sage in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.