love these types of soup. this one is delicious.
Roasted Butternut Soup with Goat Cheese Toasts
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Tiffany Vickers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 546mg
- Calcium: 126mg
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) butternut squash
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups Roasted Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool. Discard peel; mash pulp.
- 3. Preheat broiler.
- 4. Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add squash, Roasted Vegetable Stock, and next 5 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until potato is tender, stirring occasionally. Let stand 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- 5. Place bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes or until toasted. Sprinkle about 4 teaspoons cheese on each slice; sprinkle evenly with chives.
- 6. Place one-third of vegetable mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure twice with remaining squash mixture. Return pureed mixture to pan; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley and honey. Serve with toasts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews