Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch(s) salt and pepper
- 1 cup(s) walnuts
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 whole(s) shallots, minced
- 1. Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the brussels sprouts on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender and charred in spots; shift the pans halfway through roasting.
- 2. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then coarsely chop the nuts.
- 3. In the large bowl, whisk the vinegar with the mustard and honey. Whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of oil until emulsified. Add the garlic and shallots season with salt and pepper. Add the brussels sprouts and walnuts and toss well. Serve.
- ***Taken from Food and Wine magazine minus capers and anchovies NOV 2011
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kundalinigirl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables