I loved this recipe...my kids even ate it! It is appropriate for special occasions or everyday meals. I cut back a little on the oil and the butter and it was still wonderful.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Slivered Almonds
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts (about 6 cups) or 4 (8-ounce) packages frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, wash them thoroughly; remove discolored leaves. Cut off stem ends, and slash bottom of each sprout with a shallow X. Toss brussels sprouts with oil in a shallow roasting pan, coating well.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, brown almonds and garlic in butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add salt and pepper. Pour garlic mixture over brussels sprouts; toss gently. Serve immediately.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare recipe several hours before meal. Just before serving, place in a microwave-safe dish; cover with heavy-duty plactic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until throughly heated, stirring after 2 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Slivered Almonds Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables