Loved this! Would be great with just a peice on nutty bread for lunch!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Capers and Carrots
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 222mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 1/2 cups (1/4-inch) diagonally cut carrots
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup well-drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450º.
- 2. Combine Brussels sprouts, carrots, and 3 tablespoons oil in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Spread on large roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add capers; fry 3 minutes or until brown and crisp. With slotted spoon, transfer capers to paper towels to drain. Set aside.
- 4. Combine Brussels sprout mixture and capers in medium bowl. Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper; toss gently to mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Crispy Capers and Carrots Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables