Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (1 large stalk)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 3 T. water
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Cook bacon over med high heat, stirring occassionally, until it starts to turn crisp - about 2 minutes. Add 1 T. olive oil and onion. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in garlic. Cook 1 more minute.
- Combine onion bacon garlic mixture with brussels sprouts, remaining 1 T. olive oil and salt in a large roasting pan. Gently stir to coat sprouts evenly with oil and salt. Add water. Gently stir again and place pan in a preheated 375 degree oven on the middle rack. Roast, stirring gently every 5 minutes, until sprouts are golden brown and tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork, about 30 - 40 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.
- Makes 4 - 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shellihh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note