Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 3 T. water
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a large ovenproof skillet or pan, cook bacon over med high heat, stirring occassionally, until it starts to turn crisp - about 2 minutes. Add 1 T. olive oil and onion. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in garlic. Cook 1 more minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, remaining 1 T. olive oil and salt. Gently stir to coat sprouts evenly with oil and salt. Remove pan from heat and add water. Gently stir again and place pan in a preheated 375 degree oven on the middle rack. Roast, stirring gently every 5 minutes, until sprouts are golden brown and tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Season with pepper and serve.
- Makes 4 - 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shellihh and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables