Super-simple but just different enough for a special meal. Prepped mid-afternoon and kept at room temp til ready to bake. Served with rib roast (crusted with rosemary, thyme, shallot, garlic) for Christmas dinner.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Chestnuts
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.5g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 149mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 4 cups trimmed and quartered Brussels sprouts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/4 cups halved bottled chestnuts
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine sprouts and chestnuts in a large bowl. Add oil, salt, and peppers; toss well to coat. Spread in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until sprouts are tender, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Add butter to sprout mixture, tossing until butter melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables