Make this often. Perfect recipe! Wonderful flavors.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
The key to crispy-roasted results here is using a large pan so the brussels sprouts and carrots aren't crowded during roasting. Roast the vegetables several hours before the meal; then reheat just before serving.
- 2 pounds fresh brussels sprouts
- 8 medium carrots, scraped and cut into 2
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Wash brussels sprouts; remove discolored leaves. Trim ends, and cut in half lengthwise. Cut larger pieces of carrot in half lengthwise, if desired.
- Place brussels sprouts and carrots in a large roasting pan. Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables, and toss well. Cover and bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Uncover, and roast 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and well browned, stirring twice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note