Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bunch(es) broccoli (large) (4-5 lbs) cut into florets
- 6 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic sliced
- 1 lemon zested
- 3 tablespoon(s) pine nuts (optional) toasted
- 1/3 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh basil (optional) julienned
- You preheat the oven to 425.
- Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli (I just got two large bunches), cut into florets (but relatively big ones.) Make sure to dry them THOROUGHLY. The drier it is the more crispy and brown it will be.
- Put the broccoli on a cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Now add 4 garlic cloves that are peeled and sliced and toss them in too.
- Roast in the oven 20 to 25 minutes, until “crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned. Shake the pan around a bit as it bakes , but not necessary.
- When it’s done, take it out of the oven– zest a lemon over the broccoli, squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli, add 1.5 Tbs more olive oil, 3 Tbs toasted pine nuts and 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Also add 2 Tbs julienned fresh basil.
- You can serve or roast in oven another 5 mins to melt cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dakotababy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Broccoli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables