Roasted Boston Butt
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 1 (5-lb.) bone-in pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- 2 lemons, halved and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Kitchen string
- 1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnishes: roasted garlic cloves, baby carrots, radishes, lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Rub 1 lemon half on all sides of pork roast, squeezing juice from lemon. Stir together oregano, salt, and pepper; rub on roast.
- 2. Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Separate garlic cloves (do not peel), and place around roast. Drizzle olive oil over roast and garlic cloves.
- 3. Squeeze juice from remaining 1 1/2 lemons into a bowl. Stir together juice and chicken broth; pour into roasting pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours or until fork tender. Shred pork into large pieces using two forks, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note