- 1 (5-lb.) bone-in pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- 2 lemons, halved and divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Kitchen string
- 1 garlic bulb, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Garnishes: roasted garlic cloves, baby carrots, radishes, lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Rub 1 lemon half on all sides of pork roast, squeezing juice from lemon. Stir together oregano, salt, and pepper; rub on roast.
Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Separate garlic cloves (do not peel), and place around roast. Drizzle olive oil over roast and garlic cloves.
Squeeze juice from remaining 1 1/2 lemons into a bowl. Stir together juice and chicken broth; pour into roasting pan.
Bake at 350° for 3 hours to 3 1/2 hours or until fork tender. Shred pork into large pieces using two forks, if desired. Garnish, if desired.