Quick and easy dish - perfect for a warm Californian evening. Didn't have a vanilla bean on hand, so I added a dash of vanilla extract. My guests raved about this scrumptious dessert!
Roasted Berry Sundaes
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 ounces raspberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces blackberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 carton (14 oz.) vanilla ice cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together sugar and lemon zest. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add with bean pod to sugar mixture, stirring to combine. Add berries; toss gently to coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
- 2. Roast until berries have released some of their juice and are starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes; be careful not to scorch.
- 3. Transfer berries to a bowl to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Discard vanilla pod. Scoop ice cream into serving bowls and top with berries.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This