- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 6 ounces raspberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces blackberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 carton (14 oz.) vanilla ice cream
- calories 243
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- protein 3.8 g
- fat 7.2 g
- satfat 4 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 7.5 g
- sodium 48 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, stir together sugar and lemon zest. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add with bean pod to sugar mixture, stirring to combine. Add berries; toss gently to coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
Roast until berries have released some of their juice and are starting to soften, 8 to 10 minutes; be careful not to scorch.
Transfer berries to a bowl to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Discard vanilla pod. Scoop ice cream into serving bowls and top with berries.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.