Had golden beets when I was in Portland a couple years ago, and I finally found a source for them in my area (at Whole Foods). This was fantastic and gourmet-like in its presentation, huge hit. Served with grilled lemon oregano chicken breasts, mango salsa couscous, and chocolate mousse for dessert.
Roasted Beets with Pine Nuts, Dill, and Red Onion
Golden or ruby beets work well in this summer salad. Roast the beets up to four days before serving, and combine with the other ingredients up to two hours before it goes to the table.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 79
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 236mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 pounds golden beets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion (about 1 small)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; add 1/2 cup water to dish. Cover and bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain; cool. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- Combine beets, onion, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring gently.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Beets with Pine Nuts, Dill, and Red Onion Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This