Roasted Beets and Parsnips
Time: About 1 hour. Here's a neat trick: Leave the skin on the beets. It turns into a thin, crisp shell.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 2g
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sodium: 282mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 8 small to medium parsnips, peeled, trimmed, and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 medium unpeeled beets, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (or rosemary), divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, divided
- About 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- About 1 tsp. Alaea Hawaiian red sea salt*
- 1. Preheat oven to 375.° Place beets on a large baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tbsp. oil, turning to coat. Place parsnips on another large baking sheet and drizzle with about 2 tbsp. oil, turning to coat. Sprinkle with about 2/3 of herbs and pepper.
- 2. Roast beets 10 minutes. Add sheet of parsnips to oven and roast 30 minutes, or until parsnips are golden brown and beets are tender when pierced with a sharp knife (remove in batches if some pieces take longer to cook).
- 3. Serve in a large, shallow bowl, sprinkled with red sea salt and garnished with remaining herbs.
- *Find in gourmet grocery stores and from saltworks.us or 800/353-7258.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note