Great refreshing combo of flavors with a kick and easy to pull together (just used pre-packaged beets)
Roasted Beets with Jalapeño Cream
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
- Calories: 68
- Fat: 1.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.2g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 pound medium-sized red beets
- 1 pound medium-sized golden beets
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 16 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Remove stems and roots from beets; wrap beets in foil. Bake at 450° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool beets slightly; peel and cut into 1-inch wedges.
- 3. Combine sour cream, onions, salt, and jalapeño in a small bowl. Divide lettuce leaves among 8 plates; top evenly with beets and jalapeño mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note