Roasted Beet Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Serve over curly leaf lettuce or with chicken or pork.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 82
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 15.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 194mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 8 beets (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on the beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425º for 45 minutes or until tender; cool. Trim off beet roots, and rub off skins. Coarsely chop beets. Combine beets, onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients. Pour over beet mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This