The salad was good, but we felt that the dressing was lacking some kind of spices. This would be much better with a low-fat buttermilk ranch dressing, or even just a light italian type dressing with crumbled feta.
Roasted-Beet Salad with Feta Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 3 medium beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 4 teaspoons minced red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Leave root and 1 inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool the beets slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- Combine feta cheese and the next 6 ingredients (feta through pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with onion and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note