The salad was good, but we felt that the dressing was lacking some kind of spices. This would be much better with a low-fat buttermilk ranch dressing, or even just a light italian type dressing with crumbled feta.
Roasted-Beet Salad with Feta Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 98
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14.3g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 312mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 3 medium beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 4 teaspoons minced red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Leave root and 1 inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool the beets slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Slice each beet into 8 wedges.
- Combine feta cheese and the next 6 ingredients (feta through pepper); stir well with a whisk.
- Divide greens evenly among 4 plates, and top with beet wedges. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with onion and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This