Roasted Beet Salad
Colorful beets may move to the top of your list of preferred root vegetables after you try this salad.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.0g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 199mg
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1/2 pound beets, trimmed (about 1 large)
- 1 Bartlett pear, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups trimmed watercress
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Leave root and 1-inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine beets and pear in a bowl.
- Combine shallots and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Pour over beet-pear mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Divide watercress evenly among 4 salad plates. Spoon beet mixture evenly over watercress. Sprinkle evenly with toasted walnuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note