Roasted Beet Salad
Prep: 17 minutes; Cook: 40 minutes
The bold, slightly bitter flavors of lemon rind, olive oil, and Gorgonzola complement the earthy, mildly sweet flavor of the beets.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 2 pounds fresh beets (about 5 medium)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Trim roots and stems from beets. Peel beets, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Combine beets, 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; toss well. Spread beets in a shallow roasting pan, and bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Place beets in a medium bowl. Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, and next 3 ingredients; toss well. Sprinkle with walnuts and cheese. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads