The golden beets really make this recipe. Be sure to use a good local honey if you can.
Roasted Beet Pizza (Pizza alla Barbabietola Arrostito)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 104
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 295mg
- Calcium: 40mg
- 1 (4-ounce) golden beet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (10-inch) Basic Pizza Dough
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beet; scrub with a brush. Wrap beet in foil. Bake at 450° for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven; cool. Trim off beet root; rub off skin. Cut beet in half crosswise; thinly slice halves.
- 3. Position an oven rack in the lowest setting. Place a pizza stone on lowest rack.
- 4. Increase oven temperature to 500°. Preheat pizza stone 30 minutes before baking pizza.
- 5. Gently brush oil over Basic Pizza Dough. Arrange cheese, beet slices, and shallots evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Slide dough onto preheated pizza stone, using a spatula as a guide.
- 6. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until crust is golden. Remove from pizza stone. Sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with honey. Cut into 8 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This