All of these ingredients combined to make the most interesting, pretty, and fresh tasting salad! I made the recipe as written, but perhaps next time would reduce the lemon juice just a bit. Other than that, this is a keeper.
Roasted Beet, Pistachio, and Pear Salad
The vibrant beets lend a pink hue to the pears, which sets the mood for Valentine's Day. You can prepare the salad earlier in the day and scoop it onto lettuce leaves just before serving. Canned beets will work in a pinch.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 147mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 2 beets (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup diced Asian pear or ripe pear
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 curly leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets in a small baking dish. Bake at 425° for 50 minutes or until tender. Cool. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Dice beets.
- Combine beets, pear, celery, and pistachios in a medium bowl.
- Combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through red pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over beet mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on lettuce leaves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads