Roasted beet and olive salad with orange and mint
- 2 pound(s) about 6 Medium Beets (red and golden) without tops, rinsed
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed through press
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced, slices cut into small triangles
- 1 cup(s) oil-cured black olives
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 tablespoon(s) white balsamic vinegar
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap red and golden beets separately in foil packets. Roast 1 hour or until tender. Cool to room temperature. Peel beets; cut into 3/4-inch dice.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, and allspice; add beets, olives, and orange triangles. Gently toss. Let marinate at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Stir in mint before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by moeatslight and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note