Salt-Roasted Beef Tenderloin Sliders
Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1 (1 1/2-lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups kosher salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 24 small rolls or buns, split and toasted
- Chimichurri Pesto
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle beef with pepper. Cook in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- 2. Stir together salt and 1 cup cold water. Spread half of salt mixture in a rectangle (slightly larger than beef) in a large roasting pan; top with beef. Pat remaining salt mixture over beef, covering completely.
- 3. Bake at 400° 45 to 50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into center registers 145°. Tap crust with a spoon; remove crust. (Beef will keep cooking if crust remains on.) Transfer beef to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Brush off excess salt; slice beef. Serve beef in rolls with pesto.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches