Roasted Baby Vegetables
For even roasting, all vegetables should be cut to about the same size. Put them in the oven when you take out the roast.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
- 1 pound baby beets with tops
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grained sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 shallots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into eighths
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut tops from beets, leaving 1-inch stems. Peel beets, and cut into quarters. Place on a 12-inch square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Fold up foil sides, forming a bowl. Place foil bowl in 1 end of a large roasting pan; set aside.
- Peel shallots; cut in half lengthwise.
- Toss together shallots, carrots, potatoes, turnips, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place in remaining end of roasting pan.
- Bake at 450° for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note