Delicious served over a bed of greens! The sweet tangy finish on the roasted beets is a perfect dressing for greens.
Roasted Baby Beets
Photo: Howard Lee Puckett; Styling: Caroline Cunningham and Amy Burke
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 55 Minutes
- 2 pounds baby beets
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 fresh parsley sprigs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Toppings: chopped hazelnuts, coarsely chopped fresh parsley, crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove tops and ends of beets; wash beets, and place in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Dot with butter. Stir together broth and next 6 ingredients; pour over beets. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until tender. Remove beets, reserving 1/4 cup pan juices. Cool beets 15 minutes; peel and quarter.
- 2. Cook beets in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Pour reserved pan juices over beets; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1 Tbsp. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This