Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.70
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 256mg
- 6 medium-large beets, greens trimmed to 1 inch, scrubbed, and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 (10 oz.) packages Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap beets in heavy-duty foil and seal edges well. Roast for 1 1/2 hours. When cool enough to handle, remove greens, slip off peel and halve crosswise; cut halves into 8 wedges. Toss with 1 tsp. oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss parsnips with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in oven, turning once, until fork-tender, 30 minutes.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with remaining oil, salt and pepper on another baking sheet. Roast, turning twice, until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter. (Vegetables can be made several hours ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.) Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note