Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.70
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 256mg
- 6 medium-large beets, greens trimmed to 1 inch, scrubbed, and dried
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds parsnips, peeled, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 (10 oz.) packages Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wrap beets in heavy-duty foil and seal edges well. Roast for 1 1/2 hours. When cool enough to handle, remove greens, slip off peel and halve crosswise; cut halves into 8 wedges. Toss with 1 tsp. oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss parsnips with salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp. oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast in oven, turning once, until fork-tender, 30 minutes.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with remaining oil, salt and pepper on another baking sheet. Roast, turning twice, until softened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange on a platter. (Vegetables can be made several hours ahead and kept, covered, at room temperature.) Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables