Roasted Autumn Root Vegetables
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- No-stick vegetable spray
- 6 carrots
- 6 parsnips
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 20 round red or Yukon C potatoes, miniatures
- 2 beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, or more, if needed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 10-by-15- inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Peel carrots and parsnips. Cut into 2-inch long sticks.
- Place carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, miniature potatoes, beets and onion in baking dish. Season lightly with salt. Drizzle vinegar and four tablespoons olive oil on vegetables. Mix with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Roast vegetables for one hour, stirring and turning vegetables every 10 minutes so they roast evenly. If they start sticking to the pan, add more oil and stir.
- Vegetables are ready when they are soft inside and brown on the outside. Serve immediately.
- Make-Ahead Method: Up to three days in advance, prepare vegetables through step No. 4. Place vegetables in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes and adding more olive oil, if needed. Remove pan from oven and bring vegetables to room temperature. Refrigerate. On the afternoon of Yom Kippur eve, bring to room temperature. Before serving, place in a 450 degree oven and roast for 15 minutes, until vegetables are browned and warmed through. Stir every three minutes to avoid burning.
- Serves eight.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amysfriedman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Autumn Root Vegetables Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables