Very good, simple recipe. Easy to prep in advance and put in the oven at the last minute. Served with leg of lamb with herbs and mustard, and Parmesan basil rice pilaf.
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $.56
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 54
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 148mg
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Break off tough ends of asparagus. Place asparagus on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- 2. In a small bowl, rub 1 tsp. salt with lemon zest until crumbly. Sprinkle over asparagus and toss to coat. Arrange asparagus in a single layer and roast until tender, 18 to 25 minutes, shaking baking sheet once or twice during cooking time.
- 3. Season asparagus with pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Also featured in: All You, April 2011
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Recipe at a Glance