- 3 pounds asparagus
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 hard-cooked large eggs (see notes), shelled and coarsely chopped
- 12 green olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon drained capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 ounces arugula or baby spinach (about 4 cups), rinsed and crisped
- calories 148
- caloriesfromfat 67 %
- protein 8.5 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 2.1 g
- carbohydrate 6.3 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 170 mg
- cholesterol 133 mg
How to Make It
Rinse asparagus; snap off and discard tough stem ends. In a 12- by 17-inch baking pan, mix asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Transfer half the mixture to another 12- by 17-inch baking pan. Bake in a 450° regular or convection oven until asparagus is tender when pierced, 10 to 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add eggs, olives, capers, and parsley; mix gently to avoid mashing yolks. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Mound arugula on a serving platter. Arrange asparagus on arugula and spoon egg salad over asparagus.