I keep going back to this recipe, it is easy to make and tastes great! It is our favorite asparagus recipe.
Roasted Asparagus with Browned Butter
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 3 ounces)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 220mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon rind
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place asparagus in a roasting pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Drizzle butter mixture over asparagus; toss well to coat. Sprinkle thyme and rind over asparagus.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables