This was delicious, although depending on the size of asparagus you can probably reduce the baking time. Mine was a little overcooked - in fact when I tossed the asparagus, they all kind of curled up. Great flavor though!
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic-Shallot Butter
Make the butter ahead of time, if you like. Roast the asparagus and toss it with the butter just before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 56
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.7g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 253mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 pounds asparagus spears
- Cooking spray
- Combine shallots, butter, vinegar, thyme, salt, and rind, stirring well with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Cover with foil; bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Pour butter mixture over asparagus, toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic-Shallot Butter Recipe at a Glance