Brown Butter anything, I'll try it! I have trouble with asparagus, so I peel off the scales and cut into 1-11/2 " sections. But I like cooking them this way and the brown butter was divine! I brown butter much longer than 3 minutes. It goes through 2 bubble stages and then just when it starts to turn brown and smell nutty remove from the heat. Never stop whisking it!
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
Best Vegetable Side Dish. We love the way the salty-sweet browned butter highlights the asparagus in this dish. --Recipe by David Bonom (September 2001)
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 5 spears)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 134mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Garnish with cracked pepper and rind, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter Recipe at a Glance