- 1 1/2 pounds pencil-thin asparagus (see Note)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- 2 ounces Asiago cheese, shaved (1 cup)
How to Make It
Preheat the oven to 450°. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes, until tender. Meanwhile, put the almonds in a pie plate and toast in the oven for 5 minutes, until golden.
Transfer the asparagus to a platter and drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the Asiago over the asparagus, sprinkle with the almonds and serve with lemon wedges.
Notes: If you prefer to serve thicker asparagus spears, add about 10 minutes to the roasting time.