Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Onions
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 66
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 85mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- Cooking spray
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 pounds asparagus
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, and sprinkle with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and golden, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- 3. Snap off tough ends of asparagus and discard. Combine with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread asparagus evenly on prepared pans.
- 4. Place tomatoes in the bowl that held the asparagus, and toss to coat them in remaining oil and salt. Add onion.
- 5. Roast the asparagus 10 minutes or until its brightly colored and still crisp. (Recipe may be prepared to this point up to a day ahead.)
- 6. Add onion-and-tomato mixture to pans; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Onions Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers