So delicious and easy to make ahead. I added chopped tomato and diced red onion. Don't try to substittue another lettuce -- the boston is best. You can really dress it up, or just lay it down on a plate. Can't miss with this one!
Roasted Asparagus Salad with Pecorino, Lemon, and Olive Oil
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 6 cups torn Boston lettuce (about 2 small heads)
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, each cut into 6 slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shaved fresh pecorino Romano cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place asparagus on a large jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; toss well. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on pan. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender, tossing once. Cool slightly.
- 3. Arrange lettuce on a large platter. Top with asparagus and egg slices. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over asparagus and lettuce. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads