One of the BEST salads I have ever had! Great taste! I will definitely make it again!
Roasted Asparagus Salad
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Caroline Murphey
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 23 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 17.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 181mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pt.)
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- 2. Stir together 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp. chopped basil, 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- 3. Add asparagus to olive oil mixture, and toss gently to coat. Place asparagus on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake asparagus at 425° for 13 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of tenderness. Cool 10 minutes.
- 5. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, garlic, and remaining 7 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. basil, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 6. Toss together tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar mixture.
- 7. Arrange lettuce on individual serving plates. Top with tomato mixture and asparagus. Add avocado just before serving. Drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Note: To make ahead, toss together tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion without dressing. Store these ready-to-use ingredients in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to five hours. The dressing and asparagus can also be made up to eight hours before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads