1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees & put some water on the stove to boil.
2. Cut off the tough ends of your asparagus & cut them into 1 inch pieces. Then combine the asparagus with the next three ingredients in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can add more of each, depending on your taste. Toss the vegetables gently to coat with the seasonings. Bake the vegetables for 8- 10 minutes, stir them, add the tomatoes & cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown.
3. While your vegetables are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt & fat. Drain well, reserving some of the pasta water if you're planning on substituting some of the cream with it.
4. Combine vegetables & the pasta. Then, add the whipping cream and/or pasta water a little bit at a time until you get the consistency that you want. I don't like mine with too much liquid so I only used a little bit of the whipping cream, somewhere between 1/8 cup and 1/4 cup.
5. Toss all the ingredients together gently until they're mixed together. Sprinkle with the Parmesan & serve immediately.
Go to full version of