Roasted-Asparagus Pasta Primavera
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes
We streamlined this recipe to focus on three star vegetables instead of a garden variety. Roasting the vegetables intensifies their flavor and also simplifies the preparation and cleanup. Look for precut matchstick carrots in the produce section of your grocery store. A small amount of cream per serving is the ticket to an incredibly rich and tasty, yet healthful, pasta dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 317
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 7.8g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 359mg
- Calcium: 153mg
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Combine asparagus and next 3 ingredients in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring vegetables after 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- 3. While vegetables roast, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
- 4. Combine vegetables, pasta, reserved 1/3 cup pasta water, and whipping cream; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This