- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked penne (tube-shaped pasta)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 317
- fat 14.1 g
- satfat 7.8 g
- protein 10.6 g
- carbohydrate 37.5 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 359 mg
- calcium 153 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Combine asparagus and next 3 ingredients in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss gently to coat. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring vegetables after 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, and cook an additional 5 minutes.
While vegetables roast, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, reserving 1/3 cup pasta water.
Combine vegetables, pasta, reserved 1/3 cup pasta water, and whipping cream; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.